Dear Family and Friends,
I participate in Autism Speaks Canada Walk because Walk dollars make an impact on the autism community.
Please walk with us, laugh with us, and raise a crap load of money for a cause that is now near and dear to our hearts this September.....and every september that follows! BB's buds is a team made up of a whole bunch of tremendously loving and caring individuals who are in Brody's life in one form or another. We are glad to have a circle of support around us and Brody as we continue to learn about our new normal and shift and change our focus and direction to whatever suits Brody's success the best.
We are Edmonton's top fundraising team for 2016 AND 2017 an have raised a combined total of over $28,000 for Autism Speaks Canada. It feels amazing to be part of something making a real difference in the lives of family and individuals affected by ASD.
Here are some of the things that we’ve learnt about autism in the last 10 years…
- Autism can be reliably diagnosed by age 2.
- High-quality early intervention does more than develop skills.
- One third of children and adults with autism are nonverbal.
- Most adults with autism (84%) remain living with their parents.
- Over 80% of adults with autism are unemployed.
There’s still so much more to learn…and you can help.
By making a donation and supporting my efforts, you are making a difference to the autism community.