Pilon's Haunted House
Dear Family and Friends,
Welcome to my Fundraising Event Page.
I am fundraising for Autism Speaks Canada because every dollar makes an impact on the autism community.
As the prevalence of autism continues to rise, it’s more important than ever to fund research and services so that people with autism have the opportunity to meet their full potential. In fact, dollars have gone towards training Early Childhood educators, helping newly diagnosed families navigate the health care system, and young adults learning skills to help them find jobs – and that is just to name a few.
Here are some of the things that we’ve learnt about autism in the last 10 years…
- Autism can be reliably diagnosed by age 2.
- High-quality early intervention does more than develop skills.
- One third of children and adults with autism are nonverbal.
- Most adults with autism (84%) remain living with their parents.
- Over 80% of adults with autism are unemployed.
There’s still so much more to learn…and you can help.
By making a donation and supporting my fundraiser, you are making a difference to the autism community.