Fundraising Tools and Tips
Thank you for registering for the Walk! We have some amazing time-saving tools for you to use to make your fundraising as easy and effective as possible:
Do you want more information about what it takes to be a Team Captain or Participant? It's not too late to start your own team even if you've already registered! This guide was designed to answer all of your questions on how to fundraise, participate and create your walk team or walk as an Individual walker
Can be printed on 8 ½ x 11 paper on any home or work printer. Please use the Walk Pledge Form to track any cash or cheque pledges you receive. Pledge Forms are submitted on Walk day in the Registration Area. Please remember to fill in all required information and print clearly. Tax receipts will automatically be issued for pledges of $20 or more.
Note – Donor contact information must be COMPLETE and LEGIBLE and include an ACCURATE postal code in order to issue an official tax receipt.
3) Customizable Walk Poster
Looking for ways to promote your fundraising efforts and recruit people to join your team? We have created a customizable poster that you can print on 8 1/2 x 11 paper, and post in your office or around your neighbourhood.
4) Thermometer & Fundraising Tips
Community Walks (see page) are made up of, and supported by, individuals from local businesses, schools, and families on a volunteer basis, with a passion to support Autism Speaks Canada, and the impact that we make in the ASD community. This guide was designed to answer all of your questions about Community Walks.
6) Participant Centre Guide – Need a guide on how to navigate your Participant Center? This easy-to-read guide will help you get the most out of your Participant Center and Personal Page (Read it here).
This guide will help answer questions like:
- How to reset your password
- How to set up your fundraising page, upload a photo
- How to send emails for support
- How to send thank you emails to your donors
- How to create a shortcut url to your page, or know what url to post in social media
- How to change your fundraising goal
- How to enter cash gifts
7) Walk Logo – If you would like to add our Autism Speaks Canada Walk logo to your own team t-shirts or signage please contact us for the art file at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 1-888-362-6227.
Why Fundraise Online?
1) Participants who fundraise online typically raise 40% more money. Why?
- It’s simple!
- It’s safe and secure!
- You can fundraise any time from your home computer, tablet or Smartphone.
- Donors automatically receive tax receipts in their email upon a successful credit card transaction.
- Online fundraising allows you to fundraise worldwide and link to social media websites.
- Your Participant Center allows you to track your donations easily and is designed to thank your donors.
- Online fundraising is cost effective, and is a great way to maximize the impact of dollars going to support our mission.
2) Email and social media campaigns are the most effective way to build your walk team and raise money! Your emails should include:
- Why you are walking - If you have a connection with autism, discuss how this has affected your life and the lives of your family and friends.
- Ask everyone you know – the worst they can say is no.
- Say "Thank You" – Whether someone says yes or no, either acknowledge their generosity and support, or you can leave the door open for next year.
- Your personal goal – Aim high, and try to become a Grand Club member! Your donors will try to help you reach your fundraising goal if it is tangible.
- Provide some facts about Autism and Autism Speaks Canada.
- Sample emails are provided if you need some help
- Post your fundraising link on Facebook and other social media vehicles.
3) 12 Easy Steps to Maximize Your Fundraising - Download some tried and true tips on other fun ways to fundraise at work or in your community.
4) Want to make it to the Grand Club? Here is how to do it in 5 steps:
|Step #1||Pledge Yourself||$50|
|Step #2||Ask 10 friends at $40||$400|
|Step #3||Ask 5 family members at $50||$250|
|Step #4||Ask 5 colleagues at $30||$150|
|Step #5||Ask your employer at $150||$150|
5) Matching Gifts – Double Your Donations
Matching Gifts are a great way to increase your total fundraising dollars.
Some companies don’t just match gifts made by employees – but also match gifts made by spouses and retirees. Some companies provide donations to ‘match’ the volunteer hours you have spent on your efforts for Autism Speaks Canada Walk. So, take a few minutes to find out if you can double your donations today and speak to your company's Human Resources Department.
If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest.