Why form a team?
Walking together with your family, friends, and colleagues is a great way to participate in our Autism Speaks Canada Walk, and walking together has many benefits:
- Everything is more fun when you do it with a group.
- You will receive more recognition for your efforts!
- You will raise more money. Team members raise 52% more than individual walkers (everyone likes a little competition).
Please consult our Fundraising Tools tab for helpful tips to maximize your fundraising and team building and to access:
- Team & Participant Guide
- Walk Pledge Form
- Thermometer Poster
- Event Poster – two versions available and both can be printed on a home printer.
- Pre-populated Poster with Walk date
- Customizable Walk Poster– can be edited with key details about your team or upcoming fundraising activities.
Types of Teams
Family teams are made up of family and friends who are walking together to raise money for the ASD community, often because of a personal connection to autism.
Corporate & Service Provider Teams
Corporate and Service Provider teams are made up of co-workers and their family members, clients, and friends who want to show support for a cause that affects their community. It is a great way to promote team-building, while motivating staff. Involvement in a fundraising team challenge has even improved staff loyalty and retention. A true win for any company!
School teams are made up of students, parents, teachers, professors, researchers, student clubs, and administrators at any of the elementary, secondary, and post-secondary levels of education. Increased school spirit, school involvement as well as an increased profile for your institution are some of the benefits for your school.