Autism Speaks Canada is pleased to share the success of the “Walk-in-a-box” program designed for families and friends to host their very own Autism Speaks Canada Walk in their community. Through the incredible power of volunteers Autism Speaks Canada Walk will continue spreading autism awareness from coast-to-coast.
Community Walks are made up of, and supported by, individuals from local businesses, schools, and families on a volunteer basis who have a passion to support Autism Speaks Canada's mission.
And, one of the best part about developing a Community Walk, as the event Organizer you can host your community event any time and any day within the fiscal calendar year (January - December) or at the same time as one of our signature Walk events which take place the end of May through June and again in September.
Autism Speaks Canada will provide all Community Walks with:
1) Community Walk Guide that contains
- Critical Path & Budgeting Templates
- Committee Position Descriptions
- Solicitation Letter Templates
- Suggested Speaking notes
2) Event web page on the Autism Speaks Canada Walk site to support online fundraising in your community
3) 100 Walk Posters
4) 100 Walk Pledge Forms
5) Walk Banners
6) Tattoos and balloons
7) A Local expense budget (see budgeting section in Guide for details on dollar allocation)
8) Registration Volunteer Webinar Training provided
9) Participants are eligible for all Program Incentives and National Contests
For more information, and to register your community as an official Walk site, please contact Melanie Haydon at email@example.com.