Now for the first time Autism Speaks Canada is pleased to announce a new “Walk-in-a-box” program designed for families and friends to host their very own Walk Now for Autism Speaks Canada in their community. Through the incredible power of volunteers Walk Now for Autism Speaks Canada will continue spreading autism awareness from coast-to-coast.
Community Walks are made up of, and supported by, individuals from local businesses, schools, and families on a volunteer basis who have a passion to support Autism Speaks Canada's mission.
And, one of the best part about developing a Community Walk, as the event Organizer you can host your community event any time and any day within the fiscal calendar year (January - December) or have it at the same time as one of our signature Walk events which take place the end of May through June and again in early September.
Autism Speaks Canada will provide all Community Walks with:
1) Community Walk Guide that contains
- Critical Path & Budgeting Templates
- Committee Position Descriptions
- Solicitation Letter Templates
- Suggested Speaking notes
2) Event web page on the Walk Now For Autism Speaks site to support online fundraising in your community
3) 100 Walk Posters
4) 100 Walk Pledge Forms
5) 3 Walk Banners (will be loaned)
6) Tattoos and balloons
7) A Local expense budget (see budgeting section in Guide for details on dollar allocation)
8) Registration Volunteer Webinar Training provided
9) Incentive Prizes will be mailed to participants upon receipt of their Pledge envelopes to Head Office
For more information, and to register your community as an official Walk site in 2015 please contact Melanie Haydon at firstname.lastname@example.org.